Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog 4: Interview Preparation

1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?

 I plan on interviewing my oldest brother who has been a working firefighter for approximately 7 years. I have chosen to interview him because he has a lot of work experience and seems to be very passionate about his job.

2.  You have to ask 5 questions.  What additional questions do you plan to ask?  Ask open-ended questions.

I plan on asking my interviewee questions such as:


  • When and why did you first decide to become a firefighter?
  • What are some things that you like/dislike about your profession?
  • What is the most common thing you do as a firefighter? 
  • When factoring the good and the bad, overall, how do you like your job? 
  • Would you recommend this job to others? 

*If the opportunity presents itself, I also plan on asking follow up questions based on the information that I will have been given. Some follow up questions would include:


  • Why do you think many people want to join in this profession?
  • What is the strangest thing you have had to do while working? 
  • Exactly why would/wouldn't you recommend this job to others?


No comments:

Post a Comment