Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blog 10: The Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?

This break I continued to work on my senior project by continuing to attend my fire explorer program. Although I did not continue to write my hours into my independent component log 1 since I am done already, I did attend my weekly meetings throughout the break and expanded my knowledge. In these past two meetings that I have attended my post advisory had choose to teach us about throwing ladders, which is basically how you would put a ladder onto a building. I also worked on my senior project by completing my months additional post, which I choose to write about ladders since that was the most recent subject that I had been taught about. 

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

The most important thing that I probably learned during the break would have to be how to properly throw a ladder. I only learned one method of throwing a ladder onto a building, the method I learned is called the beam raise, but none the less, this method is still very important. The source of what I learned came from my post advisory and certified explorers at my post.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

I'm thinking about asking another fellow firefighter at my station who usually helps my post advisory when he's not able to make a meeting. His name is Firefighter Abadie, and is a very respectable and knowledgeable firefighter who was once an explore like me. He is very approachable and I would asking him for help because I know that he has lots of experience in the fire service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment