Friday, January 31, 2014

Additional Post Five: Size Up

During the month of January I was able to find lots of informative and interesting articles on firefighting. Although each and every source was useful in some way, none have been as beneficial as the most recent one that I came across while on  the website Fireengeneering.com. "Critical Components of Size Up," by Bill Gustin in an amazing 12 page article packed with an overwhelming amount of information related to my first essential question answer. This piece goes into depth about what a size up is, and it describes various components which make it up. Aside from being descriptive, this article also came with several different examples and scenarios of firemen conducting size ups. One of my favorite aspects of this piece was that it also included several different images which really helped me visualize what a firefighter might expect in the real life. All in all, I found Gustin's article to be extremely easy to understand and useful.

If you would be interested in taking a look at  "Critical Components of Size Up," by Bill Gustin click the link below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment