Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

Content:

1. Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?

  • After completing my 30 minute presentation, I would have to say that I'm most proud of being able to control my nervousness better than in my 10 minute presentation. I know that I still need to work more and spend more time practicing my presentation, but for the most part I'm content with how I did. 

2. Questions to Consider
       a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

       AE       P          AP       CR       NC

       b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.

  • The reason why I feel that i deserve a "P" grade on my my Lesson 2 project is because I met all of the requirements, while still trying to incorporate a fun and interesting presentation. Both my hook and lesson activity required each student too think about a possible answer or write down their thoughts. Aside from that, I feel that my first answer was a very specific response to my essential question. I also sited my research and reference my mentor a little. While meeting all the requirements, I even tried to focus on asking the class lots of questions in order to keep them engaged. 

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

  • I believe that I excelled in being able to give the class a specific answer to my essential question. Even though I may have bored some, I  feel that those who did listen and were actively engaged in my presentation were able to learn something new. 

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

  • If I could go back in time and redo my Lesson 2 I would choose to practice presenting my power point more than I did the first time. Aside from that, I would also want to try to focus more on making my presentation fun and engaging for the entire class. Maybe next time I'll give little rewards in order to grab the students attention. 

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?  

  • I'm thinking about revolving my second answer around the firefighter's equipment. I could possibly say that another way for a group of firefighters to limit injuries and fatalities when fighting structural fires is by making sure that their personal protective equipment (PPEs) is in working condition at all times. I would have to do more research on this, but for now I'm thinking about focusing on the importance that fire equipment may have on a firefighter's life. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think your lesson was boring at all. Your second answer sounds good.

    ReplyDelete