Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

Content:

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

Much like my first independent component, for my second independent component I plan on continuing to attend my fire explorer meetings, which are held at least once a week. The meetings usually last approximately 4-5 hours. I will accomplish any tasks that I will be given by the firefighters to the best of my ability and learn all the material they present to us. At Post 10, were I do my mentorship, my adviser tends to focus most of his attention on a new topic each month. During each meeting he usually goes over a different part of the month's topic. All in all, for my independent component I really want to master all of the new fire related techniques or skills which I will be taught in the future.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

To show evidence of work, I pan on continuously filling out my second independent component log. Aside from that I will take pictures, when I can. I don't plan on photographing every moment of my explorer meetings, because that would interfere with my actual learning, but I will capture images of what I feel are the most important parts of my experience. Lastly, I will show evidence of completing my work by keeping track of any paperwork which I receive and eventually share it on my blog.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.

By continuing to attend my explorer meetings at station 166, located in the City of El Monty, I will be able to learn more about my topic by simply being exposed to the fire service. When ever I attend any meeting, I always come home with some different form of knowledge that I wasn't aware of before. From being exposed to the work life of firefighters, I have already learned about the benefits and hardships about the career, alongside the importance of knowing all of your information and going out of your way to help another person. Attending my explorer meetings will help me learn more about different aspects of the fire service, which I am eager to explore.

4.  Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it the independent component 2 log.

Done.

1 comment: