Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

Content:

1.  What is your working EQ?


What is the best way for firefighters to limit injuries and fatalities when fighting structure/wildland fires?

2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ? Please write the answer in thesis format. 

  • If firefighters take time to perform a proper scene size up at every call then they will be aware of their surroundings and environment, thus helping then know possible exit routs . 
  • Firefighters should properly inspect their equipment and turn out gear daily in order to be properly suited for any incident or call that may arise in the near future. 
  • If firefighters properly communicate with their fellow brothers, meaning that each one talks to one another about their situation and if they feel the are is becoming unsafe, then there will be a lesser chance of getting and injury or death. 

3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ? 

My most important source that I have used that has helped me come up with an answer to my working EQ is probably my 13th source which is titled "Sizing Up For Structure Fires" because it allowed me to see the true importance that being aware of your surroundings on the job. 


4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?

My mentor is Firefighter Cunningham who is a firefighter for LA County Fire Department. He is also a fire explorer post leader who decides what we are doing most of the time. I am volunteering my time every weekend at fire station 166 in the city of El Monte. This is related to my working EQ because by learning about the career of firefighting I am also getting the opportunity to learn about how injury and death goes hand in hand with the career. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks very good. Please just choose either structural or wild : )

    ReplyDelete