Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal

  • Mentorship Log
  • Justin Cunningham (Firefighter) - Station 166 in the City of El Monte
Interpretive

  • The most important thing that I gained from doing my mentorship at station 166 in the City of El Monte was being able to learn about the fire service from doing hands on activities with other firefighters and explorers.  From attending an explorers meeting every weekend I was able to learn about the positive and negative aspects of the job. The job is stressful, but at the same time rewarding. From being constantly exposed to the fire service I've found that this is a career that would truly enjoy.


Applied

  • This experience has helped me finalize my best answer by learning about its importance from the other firefighters. I also learned about my second answer from constantly having to check my equipment prior to the other explorers and I partaking in any activities. My mentorship as an explorer even effected my final answer because I got it from my 3rd interview with firefighter Abadie, who I came in contact with because of the explorers program. Everyhing that I've done and all the people that I've met have all helped me answer my essential question. 


No comments:

Post a Comment