Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?


I am most proud of the information that I gave to my classmates. Although I know that I could have presented it much smoother, without saying as many "umms", I still feel that I was able to get most of the information that I wanted to give across to my colleagues. As for the entire senior project, I'm most proud of learning more than I had originally expected about the fire service. 

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP       CR       NC

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP       CR       NC

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

What worked best for me in my senior project was being able to study a topic of my choice. If not for this option I probably would have dreaded my entire senior year. Because I had the opportunity to study a career path of my choice conducting research and making contacts was actually a pleasant experience because I knew that in the long run that hard work and dedication would pay off.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?


If I could go back in time and changed anything in order to improve my senior project I would focus on preparing more for all of my assigned projects. Procrastination did play a factor in some parts of my senior project and it also contributed to unnecessary stress. For the future I plan on writing out a schedule and sticking to it in order to avoid this from happening again. 

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.


Senior project has helped me so much in the career path that I have chosen to pursue. For started it helped meet tons of new people who have an interest in the fire service, as I do. Aside from meeting my mentor, Firefighter Cunningham, I've also met several explorers, many of which are like brothers to me. From being constantly exposed to people who have already achieved my goals, I've also been able to plan out my path to follow after high school. I want to becoming a certified EMT and after having some job experience become a paramedic, while still continuing to apply to different fire departments. From being able to learn about the fire service, I've been able to shape my personal goals in order to help me obtain my dream job. 



1 comment:

  1. You didn't really just tell me that you learned not to procrastinate, did you??? In any case, I am always so happy when a person feels that they have gotten a head start on a career they are excited about during senior project. We all have our little communication glitches, and if you end up in a position when you need to make lots of public addresses, you will fine workarounds. I never doubted for a moment that you didn't know your stuff, and that made watching your presentation a joy!

    ReplyDelete